Old Fri, Jul-02-21, 16:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up Liviva Edamame Pasta

Edamame Spaghetti

I bought this product recently after my small grocery store stopped carrying House brand shirataki. They carry NuPasta now, but it's double the price. I found this at a larger grocery store (RCSS here in Canada.) It was $7.99 for 2 packages, and that's 8 servings. A buck a serving is pretty good, comparable to House shiritaki. There was also a fettuccini style, IIRC. I might try that next time.

It's easy and fast to cook, only needing to be boiled for 2-4 min. It comes out like al dente angel hair pasta. I like the texture. It tastes slightly like peas. I had it with some cheese sauce like a mock mac n' cheese, and it was very good.

I find it quite filling. Note the high amounts of protein and fiber. That's a bowel bomb and will stop me from overdoing it.

Per serving (50 g/1/4 pkg)
180 calories
3 g fat
20 g carb - 15 g fiber = 5 net
19 g protein

(This is from the Cdn packaging. The website's nutrition facts are scaled slightly differently but it seems to be the same product.)

One complaint I have is the packaging. There's no way to reseal it. I did my best with a sandwich baggie and an elastic band. Maybe I'll have to buy one of those tall spaghetti tins I had back in the bad ol' days!

I don't like consuming much soy, but I think it will make a nice treat to keep in the pantry.

Here’s some with chicken, bell peppers and pesto:

Sponsored Links