View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Tue, May-06-14, 07:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Essentially you and he both quoted what is in this article/info: http://m.care.diabetesjournals.org/...ppl_2/S384.full

While my numbers are improved he has me in the high risk category and is wanting my LDL below 70. As you've mentioned and the "new" guidelines point out my numbers look okay. My hdl isn't great, I know I need to up that, I need to exercise or eat saturated fat. I really don't know any more. I mean he basically did say, and it appears you're saying too that regardless of diet and exercise and if my diabetes is controlled by that I still need the statin.

I'm seriously reaching that I don't care point - that point of people that I said I wasn't gonna be. If I'm gonna have to be on all of this stinking medication anyway, if I'm gonna have to be on it to be considered "compliant", not to mention I'll never be in a healthy weight range according to those blasted bmi charts - then just take all the pills and eat whatever the crap I want. I'm eating the way in eating to come off of all this crap, but it doesn't look like that's possible. I get, let's take you off and put you on another.

Why am I at such a risk now if my cholesterol is where it is? Just because I have the label of diabetic and I'm fat? Otherwise - that's it. I have a big waist. I guess that's the link I'm missing. The diabetes is under control, the cholesterol is mostly under control, it just seems over kill to me. Maybe this is the same question. I don't know. I understood it in the beginning when I had numbers through the roof, not now is all.