#54   ^
Old Thu, May-15-14, 08:25

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bworthey
Based what I'm eating - I'm eating close to that diet because I'm eating low carb, of course with the exceptions of the red meat and eggs. Not sure I could give those up yet! Ha!

Give up the egg yolks for three weeks. Make sure the meat is lean, and don't eat any fowl. You can give up anything for 3 weeks.

Then if it works, you can decide whether you want to live in pain or eat egg yolks.

When my pain was the worst, I was working on a cruise ship. This particular line didn't treat the entertainers well, and fed us what amounted to leftover food. Not knowing about egg yolks at the time, I would load up at breakfast with a huge plate of scrambled eggs (they were at least fresh) and made it my main meal of the day. I didn't know at the time it was the problem, but my hip and hands were so sore I could hardly walk or play the instruments. I bought emu oil, swallowed supplements to the max dosage, used heating pads and ice packs, and just about anything else I could find.

When I got off the ship I started investigating, and that's when I found out about the diet. I could tell the difference in a couple of weeks, and by the end of the first month, I was 90% pain free.

I love eggs and fried chicken. But I'd rather walk and play the saxophone than eat eggs and poultry.

And without all that inflammation, I'm sure I'll live a longer, healthier life (barring a tragic accident). To me eggs aren't "To die for"

How about you?

Bob