View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 208/187/180 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I'm one of the "low carb" do-it-yourself plan-types. I have about 25-30lbs to lose, and my wife is doing WW while I do a low-carb approach.

I have not done "induction", nor wanted to. It, to me, forces a change in too rapid and tough a way to change your eating habits for a lifetime. Rather, I have adopted the WW philosophy and related it to low carb. Meaning, that I have a carb target of between 50-100g/day, and eat accordingly. If I want a high carb food, I have to see if it would make me go > 100. If not, I eat it. I then know that, depending on the grams, what I can eat the rest of the day. It is modified eating behavoir just like WW. They use points, I use carbs as my "points". My approach is much easier than my wifes, because I can ALWAYS eat if I want, so long as I'm avoiding the carb limit I have set. She, on the other hand, is limited in points and feels bad if she goes over, or goes hungry. Neither of those feelings are, IMO, good for a long term way of life change in eating, but that is her choice and her approach (and it is working so far for her, but we are new).

anyway, just thought I'd chime in with a supportive email. Do what works FOR YOU, and combine what you can from those programs that work FOR YOU.

Personally I think that low-carb is the best approach, as it encourages a more long-term viable eating approach without feeling that you are missing *too much*

Good luck.