Thread: North Carolina?
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 11:32

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Well, we just move to NC (Hickory) in August. Prior to that we had been living in Eau Claire, WI. I'm born and bred in MN. DH is from upstate NY. We both joined the service - me Army and him Navy just after high school.

I ended up returning to MN after vowing to never return (because I liked the beach and Mts, and MN has neither). DH was called to MN for ministry. During his stay there, his wife left him for another man. We met, fell in love and were married.

We're very happy in NC, though. It's the best of everything. Although we both admittedly miss the midwest winters. They were so beautiful. It wasn't always as cold as everyone thinks, it was often in the 20s and 30s which is really very nice.

We were recently working for Baptist Chidren's Homes of NC. Working in a group home for boys. Due to budget problems, our group home closed. But before we got laid off we spent 5 days at their beach cottage at Indian Beach (near Emerld Isle). It was so lovely. We walked on the beach each evening, and fished in the Bogue Sound during the day.

Too many people for us. We were glad to get home to the foothills and our little town of Taylorsville. But it was a fun trip.

Randi