#14   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-18, 09:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
I'm not fond of the concept of willpower in general. In my experience, willpower is only something you need to convince yourself that a given plan will work. But if that plan turns out never to work for whatever reason, then it never really mattered how much willpower you had in the first place anyway. And if it does, then you only needed willpower long enough to see the results, which typically isn't very long either.

When some people find out what I've accomplished, they might marvel at my willpower. But it really wasn't a major factor for me at all. Simply put, nothing else ever worked for me, but LCHF worked almost straight away, so that's what I've stuck with. The bigger factor at play for me was not willpower, but just patience!

I don't rate the "boot camp" expression, either. To me, "boot camps" imply that some huge degree of effort is required. But if it's the right plan, then surely near enough is good enough? Again, I don't feel like I had to go to any great effort to lose my weight. Once I'd learned enough, worked through the options and developed my own routine, the rest just seemed to take care of itself. For a plan to be sustainable, it surely can't be too hard?

If this place is helping some people to improve (and maintain) themselves, then great. But if I had to do it all over again, I don't imagine I'd be drawn to a place like that.

Totally agree, Grav. A number of people have complimented me on my willpower over the last 5 years; it is meant well, and I take it as it is meant. But also say that it isn't willpower, it is just the way I eat, how I wish to eat. The things they admire me for abstaining from hold no attraction for me anymore, so it is not a matter of willpower to stay away. It's fairly obvious however that they don't believe me