#8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-12, 06:53
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Jeff:

I have had that as well. In fact I went through a period where, when I would suddenly feel the things you described, I would grab my blood glucose monitor, only to discover there was nothing unusual about my blood sugar.

Then again, I separately discovered that a) my BG tends to not rise very high, but falls very hard and very low -- is often too low even fasting, and tracked over a day of fasting will look like mountain peaks on a chart as it drives up and down without my doing anything -- and b) lowcarbing and weight loss brought on reactive hypoglycemia for me even with close to zero carb meals, which I had never had before.

I think the idea that maybe the BG is actually coming up fast and so the BG measure once extreme irritability-etc. hits might be adrenalin is a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Dorian's comments on carbs have so far seemed to be true for me. I keep trying to stay out of ketosis and eat more carbs, and I do much better with carb intake the more regular and higher (by higher I mean < 100 usually < 70) it is. The lower my carb intake, the more I react even to protein which is hard for me to understand, but it was actually protein meals (e.g. 3 eggs and a bit of sausage) that first tipped me off to the serious RH episodes.

PJ