View Single Post
  #3083   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-19, 07:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello All!

Happy NYE!! Last day of 2019. Doesn't Y2K seem like a lifetime ago?

Thank you guys for the kind words regarding DS18 and his birthday. I do appreciate it. He's a sweet and forgiving sort and I did apologize and talk to him about it. I feel mostly better but still a bit sore when I think about it just because I should have known better, but it is what it is. A bump in the road of life.

Jaz- so glad you were there to walk that man through a plan for his Mom. I am a big fan of hospice also and it is used frequently here in this area. I have no idea who recommends it or whatever though. DH and I both have been fortunate to not have dealt with much loss yet as adults- only his grandparents. I know we have a lot coming to deal with though in the future, as we all do. My kids have been REMARKABLY blessed. ALL their grandparents are alive. Amazing.

You are doing a great job staying on track. I am always so impressed with you. You and Trig are so completely steady food wise. Lori, you are mostly too and of course you totally lead the pack exercise wise as well. VERY consistent in that area!

Trig- I hope you are having good weather and a fun time. Enjoy! Thinking of you bringing the New Year in, in style!

Lori- Glad your sister got home safe and sound! I think I would feel like the day is SO LONG if I got up at 4:15 AM. You live a day and a half awake! I am curious how you fill your time. I mean, I know you exercise like a pro for sure, but do you read? Watch tv or movies? Craft?

My DD does a TON of crafting. DS18 watches a lot of shows on his computer. DS21 studies, plays Madden on Xbox and watches shows. I surf the web, read, and watch shows. DH reads and watches movies on the tv.

YES! Please do start us a new thread. We need it!

Have a great time tonight at your party!

Blue- Good on you, working on honing your goals and getting things executed and ready to launch! Sounds like the weather is helping you to stay put, which may be working in your favor. We have been in a snow DEARTH this year- two barely dustings and that is it. Warm temps. Feels more like spring.

I will deffo be needing to get back on track along with you! 2019 has been a weight gainer for me for sure.

••••••••••

Ah, here we go. Last day of 2019 and tomorrow starts a new and shiny 2020 with loads of possibilities ahead.

DH is super excited because we are going to pick up his new car today. It is the first expensive car we have bought. Not that ours are cheap but I would call them more normal (Camry, Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot) and not luxury. He always wanted to buy one luxury car and wanted to do it at 50 so he missed the mark by a bit but not much. I'm happy for him, Lord knows he has absolutely earned it with his hard work and long hours, but I will be happier once I have paid it off. I'm a debt averse kind of chick. I intend on getting it paid off early and getting that monkey off my back.

I think we are going to sell his Camry at the end of January, once DS21 goes back to college. We were going to hold it for him but he encouraged us not to because he doesn't need it at school and will be in NYC this summer. So we'll put that toward the payments too, as well as the down payment, and then it won't be too much more, relatively speaking.

I lost my wallet yesterday. No idea how it happened. I honestly think it just fell out of my purse when DS21 and I were running (like footrace running) across the street a couple of times when we did some errands yesterday. Came home that evening and it was just gone, and it was not in the store we had last been to. So, that's a bummer. Just a hassle more than anything, but still. DH took some cash out before I canceled all the cards so that I have money until new cards get here. So he's without credit cards but has a working debit card, and I have cash until everything arrives in a handful of days. I ordered up a new license too, and have a temporary license until it comes. Then I have to get a new one in 2020 anyway! I need to get a new insurance card and a new Costco card. I think that is pretty much it for what I carry around. There was no cash at least.

We will spend the afternoon with the kids, playing games and doing our traditional "Crazy Dinner" - that's when we go to the store and have X number of minutes for everyone to choose something to bring to the table for dinner. It will be interesting to see what comes. It used to be all crap but as they get older it gets a little more well rounded.

Okay, I've rambled on enough! Happy NYEve everyone!