View Single Post
  #3018   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 19:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

(((((Lori----))))))). Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this about your friend. Haunting for you to look back and see the signs.

I agree w/you about trying to "walk" a 5K race in her new reality. Don't know much about ALS, other than that it is steadily de-habilitating, but think it's probably necessary she finds happiness in new ways. Easy to say, so hard to do. Still, she will have to find her own journey w/this---painful to watch as her pal.

Nic---Thrilled to the gills for your son. What an achievement! From Amsterdam to New York, this young man is packing a lot into his life early! AND, he will be so close to you! So happy for you too---nothing better than when a mama's heart pumps with pride, not to mention relief that he's NOT headed for somewhere else so far away.

Trig---Love love the "stocking stuffers" for kiddo under the lit up bear. This is what the finest memories are made of for our kiddos, imo. I swear, no matter what mistakes you make as a parent, if you create a big fat folder of good memories for your kid, it's all going to be OK.

Which beach are you going to for New Year's?

Jazzer---Hahahahaha! So in my new texting world, I KNOW you had yourself a fun night out last night. OMG, your spirit is so delightful! Swear, after your last couple of weeks, if it were me, the extent of my wildness would be in a hot bubble bath, w/a glass of something, all by my little old self. But not you! No ma'm, you are out there grabbing it all up. I LOVE that about you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to be MIA for a bit here, gals. TOO MUCH going on, good and bad, but basically everything is fine, if that makes sense. Just too much social stuff for me, I'm not there right now. Also, work continues to haunt w/political crap. Then there's the fact that every time I say "I'm done!" meaning I have fulfilled my Xmas duties, turns out there is more to do.

LOL, gals, I'm going to pull age rank. I've got years on all of you, and let me tell you, energy becomes one's GOLD. Not that you don't have it at my age, but you do get picky about where you want to spend it.

Of course, energy begets energy, and part of my MIA right now is that what's giving me energy is my artwork/projects. I am down the rabbit hole w/it, And for me it is quiet, productive and challenging. Find myself running to it these days, thirsty for the interesting solitude of it.

I'm committing to myself for now, to do an art fair next fall/holiday season. We'll see.

Oh, and hahahahahaha! Whoever said on the text thread "This is blue's text nightmare" made me laugh out loud. I have not had the time to figure out my new phone, just toying with it a bit day by day. Need to do a contacts list so I now whose talking, but w/you guys, I can usually guess.

But geez, I told a few people, they told a few people, they told a few people, and now I'm getting 30 texts a day and I've hardly begun.

So interesting the way we're different. Like Nic, doesn't like the phone. I love the phone. So much easier than typing everything out. I totally get that texting is for short fun thoughts/pix, links etc, and I may come to love it, but I think I will never be text Super woman.

I DO LOVE reading ALL your texts and enjoy them. It's fun! Keep 'em coming. always reading along. And I hope as I get in the groove, I'll be there w/y'all in real time for a moment here and there too.