View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-29-24, 03:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Color me cynical, but she "started to understand that it wasn't my job to withhold Ozempic from my patients simply because it didn't align with my ethos."
Her ethos being making money?

Maker of Wegovy, Ozempic showers money on U.S. obesity doctors

https://www.reuters.com/investigate...ordisk-doctors/

Investigative article by Reuters how drug companies can still influence doctor's interest in a new drug. Having only recently read the 2021 book, Empire of Pain, are WL doctors the new "Dr Pain"?

Quote:
If the origin of BMI sounds like quackery, that's because it is.

No, it isn’t. It was never intended to be a means of medical assessment. On a general population basis, it is a method of statistical analysis that can work to find the Association of BMI with Overall and Cause-Specific Mortality. It can be misused, but even Keys explicitly judged BMI as appropriate for population studies and inappropriate for individual evaluation.
Quote:
Obesity and BMI
Adolphe Quetelet, a Belgian astronomer, mathematician, statistician, and sociologist, devised the basis of the BMI between 1830 and 1850 as he developed what he called "social physics". Quetelet himself never intended for the index, then called the Quetelet Index, to be used as a means of medical assessment.
Optimal BMI for Longevity and Optimal Health (And How to Achieve It)
https://optimisingnutrition.com/what-is-a-healthy-bmi/

"A good way to cross-check your BMI is your waist-to-height ratio. As shown in the chart below, a waist-to-height ratio of around 0.5 is also a pretty healthy place to be. A fasting glucose of less than 100 mg/dL or 5.6 mmol/L is also a good cross-check. A lower fasting glucose indicates that you’re below your Personal Fat Threshold and the energy from your diet isn’t overflowing into your bloodstream."