#8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-22, 07:28

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

I do not think there was one particular vitamin or mineral that helped. When focused on Nutrient Density you get everything needed with real food; high protein and high satiety comes with more calcium, more VitC, bioflavonoids and micronutrients from vegetables and 34 nutrients we track work for many issues.

Excellent point. It's funny how we (me in particular) tend to dive into things and become almost OCD in the beginning going purely by the book. My low-carb/keto journey is a perfect example of that. Thinking back, the approach I used was important to transition from a WOE that had become very unhealthy at the time despite following conventional guidelines as to what constituted healthy eating. It was important for me to attack low carb in a way that enabled me to eat very consistently during the first 6 months to a year proving that it worked and I felt better from that transition. Over the many years as I've learned more, my eating has become much more diverse by increasing variety like vegetables, berries and yogurt that I didn't eat in the beginning. My success came from taking a very disciplined approach, achieving results, and increasing incentive to continue.

After a few years, I had enough information to understand where I could include healthy deviations in my WOE based on my metabolic response and the foods that were most beneficial. Low carb, Keto, TRE, Protein Leveraging, Naiman, Kendall, Bikman, Patrick, and many others now influence how I eat. Keto at the time was a breakthrough for me, as I learned it with a blood ketone meter and quickly realized I didn't need to eat fat for fat's sake, that increased protein didn't have an adverse effect, and it had excellent results for me in combination with the other approaches. It truly is a journey of discovery and learning.