View Single Post
  #312   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 10:43

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Abilene,

Well, maybe if we post more often, other people will too.

Quote:
I just can't seem to wrap my mind around "dieting" these days. And yes, I do need to diet for a few weeks to get my body back to not craving sweets.

I know how that goes. Sometimes a person just isn't ready. How do we go from "not ready" to ready is a mystery to me though.

The cabbage soup diet is one I haven't tried.

Have you ever tried the Potato Hack? http://vegetablepharm.blogspot.com/...to-diet_14.html

Quote:
The rules for the Potato Hack are simple. If you are eating something that is not a potato, you are doing it wrong.

1. Plan on eating just potatoes for 3 to 5 days
2. Eat 2-5 pounds of potatoes each day
3. No other foods allowed (this includes butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits!)
4. Salt, pepper, and vinegar allowed, but not encouraged
5. Drink when thirsty; coffee, tea, and water only
6. Heavy exercise is discouraged, light exercise and walking are encouraged
7. Take your normal medications, but dietary supplements will not be needed

Expected results from 3-5 days of the Potato Hack:

· Fat loss of 3-5 pounds
· Reduction in inflammation, joint pain
· Reduction in digestive complaints
· Increased insulin sensitivity, lower fasting blood glucose levels
· Restoration of healthy intestinal bacteria
· Continued weight loss upon resumption of normal diet

Many people report that, for the first time in a long time, they are not hungry despite eating such a bland diet of restricted calories. People report better sleep and habitual snorers stop snoring. Those that have watched an un-budging scale for months or years report daily losses of ½ -1 pound, and the weight does not come back on, as in other “crash” diets.

I've done it, for 3 days and yes, it works. Potatoes are nutritious and satiating. https://scottabelfitness.com/potato...-satiety-index/ A guy in Australia ate only potatoes for a year, was very healthy at the end of it, lost something like 100 lbs and said he had a completely different relationship to food as a result.

(As a diabetic, I found I could eat 4 oz of potato at a time without spiking too much and then it would go back down within 2 hrs.)