#14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-19, 18:24

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
It's amazing how certain ingredients can hide out in something that's supposed to be low carb, like dextrose in powdered stevia, and in powdered splenda. The good news is that you caught it and can easily adjust. I'm one who doesn't count calories, but like others, I can eyeball portions on a plate to know whether I'm eating more than usual. I eat to satiety, and I've developed a very good "full" signal compared to way back when I was eating a boatload of carbs. That "full" signal disappeared when carbs were a prominent portion of my food. Now when I get it, I can't eat another bite, and that's a good thing! The remaining food becomes leftovers.

Although since going low carb so many years ago I no longer suffer from the ravenous hunger that used to plague me I still don't get that "I couldn't eat another bite" feeling. I do wonder why that is but i seem to have adjusted and I work with what I have. I know when to stop and I am no longer ravenously hungry like I once was. I can live with that. I have no doubt that if i started eating high carbs again I would again be ravenously hungry. That helps keep me on the straight and narrow.