#84   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-11, 16:42

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan200
I'm dying to hear what your numbers are if you try this. I've added potatoes and orange juice to my meals, and my weight has slowly started going down instead of up.
Yeah, this is sure a leap of faith, but I'm willing to give it a try the more I've been reading about Ray Peat. I truly feeling that trying to emphasize thyroid health is probably my number one issue right now - with blood sugar control and losing more weight being numbers two and three.

I have to say that eating ice cream instead of broccoli sure appeals to me too, . I've been trying to follow a low carb eating plan for blood sugar control - though actually my best control of the last couple years was when I was trying to follow the Kwasniewski plan which also emphasizes eating potatoes, and limiting protein. I do know I need to keep protein on the lower side, and great hunks of meat make my blood sugar go up. All I know about what Ray's program actually entails is what I've read in this thread, though, so I'm not totally sure about what to eat.

I have to admit I've never liked orange juice and the thought of drinking it has absolutely no appeal to me. But at the store earlier today I bought some small fresh blood oranges, and some tangerines. Also some grass-fed cream and half-and-half to help hold me over until Friday when I get my bootleg raw cream and pastured egg delivery. I already use coconut oil daily. I made a custard today using grass-fed half-and-half, one pastured egg, a spoonful of molasses, and some unflavored beef gelatin. A little bland but not bad. I had that with a potato sliced into chips and cooked in coconut oil, and then topped with some butter and salt, and a small wild-caught piece of fish also sauteed in the coconut oil. Earlier in the day eating was not so great.

But I guess I need to start figuring out what might be allowed or not allowed and make some menus. I was excited as it was my birthday a couple days ago and I got a $75 gift certificate to amazon, and I though, "cool, maybe Ray has a book and I can buy it at amazon with my gift certificate". But alas, no such luck. No books there.