Thread: Acne Problems
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-18, 08:08

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Brandy, Im no expert but clearly you get the idea that our body is a whole unit and what affects one area will impact another as well.

what I have been reading recently.
Our hormones are made from , among other things, cholesterol. Eating enough good fats is important. The processed oils should be avoided , like soy, corn, etc., better to use coconut oil and olive oil, which are pressed. Do not fry, or broil fats. THis changes their molecular structure. So better to gently cook meats, and forget fried foods. ( I am trying, lol)

You may want hormone support; finding a good doctor is worth the search. I read Dr Christianne Northrups works, and since then more and more are on board with bio- identical replacement hormones. Having said that, I use ground flax, and OTC progesterone. THey work in balance. ALso women have more testosterone than most realize. ANd yes, this is the time everything starts to go wonky, lol. When I was ready to have kids, nearing forty, my timing changed too, added another week. Like clockwork ( was not fully doing DANDR at the time) and even my practitioner told me timing before I could finish the sentence. ( Try getting pregnant on not a 28 day cycle but a 35.... lol ) any way, my hormones were getting off kilter and I wish I knew then what I know now to do for support.

Each woman is unique, so my situation may not be your situation. Keep daily logs, and you can get tested for levels of estrogens etc. It is about enough estrogens, some symptoms can be the same for too high or too low. Progesterones balance estrogens. Our body fat produces estrogens too.

When I recently visited the nurse practitioner that had helped me hold on to the 2 pregnancies, I realized that even her level of knowledge was rather limited. Limited to maintaining pregnancies, not quality of life for pre- or post- menopausal women. ( They had treated me for heavy bleeding by doing a scraping method, rather than balancing my hormones, so of course my body continued on its way right into anemia.) I am still looking for a good doctor.

So yes, more likely middle age hormone changes, and just figure out how to balance the hormones. We are usually progesterone deficient--- and that is cheap and OTC on line. Read up on it. I no longer cycle so can take a dose every day; you are still cycling so are likely to need to apply based on a 28 day cycle.

Hope this helps.