View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jun-18-20, 12:35

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Well one good thing for our family with the Covid lockdown - since my son's death two years ago (and he was the family breadwinner) life has changed for my daughter-in-law and grandkids. She has not gone back to work as the kids are all young - but they get by on Social Security Survivor's Benefits, as well as a small monthly payout from my son's life insurance policy. But of course they all lost their health insurance with his death. Their income is low enough now that all the kids qualify for Medicaid and my DiL for something called Medicaid Share.

And anyway, because they are on Medicaid the kids all qualified for the free lunch program at school. Since it was a freebie she had all the kids doing it, but the food was not what she would have chosen - very carby as you would expect, fat-free milk, etc (she only gives them organic whole milk at home), but she just tried to make up for it at the other meals.

But with the Covid lockdown the kids were not in school to get their free lunches, so just recently families were sent a debit card pre-loaded with money to buy food to make up for the lost lunches! My DiL got a card loaded with $940 and that should buy a lot of far healthier groceries. Better than what they would get in school! She invited me over for dinner last night and this is what we ate. Definitely better than the current guidelines. My son was a fanatic about good nutrition and while my DiL is a bit more lax than he was she generally has quite healthy choices.