Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 10:55

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Rob, you should start with the Bellevue all-meat experiment if you have questions about eating only meat. Direct link to one of the papers written on it: http://www.jbc.org/content/87/3/651.full.pdf

I'm looking for a BG number but I don't find it in that paper. In my personal experience, when I ate all-meat, my BG was 67mg/dl. I didn't suffer anything that could be described as hypoglycemia or anything like that. On the contrary, I had ample energy, my brain was working just fine and even better than it ever did before or since. If there was a risk of losing muscle mass due to protein loss from conversion to glucose, I didn't see it, I was getting stronger, not weaker. Don't take my word for it, I'm just some guy and I didn't measure anything with any accuracy. But I think that if that's how it went for me, then that's how it must also go for others, and you should be able to find some info on that elsewhere. If you find contradictory info, dig deeper.

If you want to try it, there's only a few simple rules you gotta stick with. Eat when hungry and to satiety, eat enough fat, don't overcook so eat fresh meat most of the time. The term fresh has a specific meaning here. It means that it hasn't been cooked, not that it's been recently killed or recently butchered or cut, or it hasn't been cured. Cured meat is still fresh if it hasn't been cooked before curing, see? Cooking destroys some elements, those elements are essential. I'm not too sure which elements they are, but they're there and they make the difference between health and disease like scurvy for example. I think it's the lean meat that needs to be fresh, the fat can be cooked all the way through. It's because of pemmican, which is a mix of rendered fat and raw dried lean meat, and it's just as good as fresh meat. Rendered fat is cooked, it's just cooked in water. And raw dried lean meat hasn't been cooked, it's just dried.