View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-16, 05:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

No problem Leslie, the macro question is asked all the time....
He has no idea how much fat is coming from your on-board pantry; why his program in the clinic booklet has no macros to set. Other places on the Internet have Keto-Calculators, blah, blah, and they make a decent guideline, but he only knows you have lost fat if you come back in a month and the scale (that breaks out fat, water, lean, etc) shows it. Watch his intro class, or the mock-class version on DietDoctor...he does not talk about macros.

But you, on daily basis, have figured it out already. The answer is:
I feel satisfied. So I don't feel like I under ate:

Because you are still losing fat your macros look perfect, protein was likely not that high in real percentage terms, and fat was higher, because there was some fat coming from your body.

To be sure a client is in ketosis, the macro to watch is carbs under 20 g, and if you follow the instructions with 2T cream, 3c veg, etc...you Don't even have do that. Within the allowed food list, you eat reasonable portions of protein, and only add fat until you are satisfied. Last night I had some fats in Caulifower mash, and added a pat of butter to fresh asparagus. Satisfied, not stuffed, not hungry so no need to "top up my fats" with a cheesecake fat bomb.

In the support group, he has talked about " hara hachi bu" used in Japan. It means, eat until you are 80 percent full. Get most of your fats WITH your foods, like eggs and meat, and then eat until satisfied.