View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-17, 05:26
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

What a great post! So I googled... Is Pasta healthy for you... and this is just one that I found:
Quote:
One cup of cooked spaghetti has approximately 220 calories, 1 gram of fat and no cholesterol. Most pastas on the market are enriched with iron too. Whole grain pastas contain about the same calories as regular pasta but have more protein, fiber and vitamins.

Source: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthy...ta-good-or-bad/

Is it healthy for you? I'd say it would depend if you suffer from a carb metabolic processing disorder like I have... so NO it's NOT healthy for me... BUT if you're following the SAD, then it's a healthy food b/c there's NO cholesterol, 1 g of Fat, all those extra vitamins...

Imma surprised it's list under "Grains, Bread and Pasta" in NDR... but then I've never read that version of Atkins....

IMHO, it sounds like insanity to me... who eats only 1/2 c of pasta??? I know I NEVER did...

One can cut down the portion of any CARBY food and it can be considered "low carb", eh???? Heck 1/2 a choc'late cupcake is only around 15 total carbs w/o subtracting the fiber...