Thread: Chaffles
View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 21:23

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

The zoodle hash browns sound really good! What proportion of zoodles to egg are you using? Just enough egg to coat the zoodles? More?

As far as making zoodle chaffles though, I was thinking about my disaster trying to make chaffles in my old waffle iron, and how all the butterfat from the cheese ended up gushing out, spilling out of the overflow batter channel, and making a huge mess on the kitchen counter. I was figuring that's what would happen with all the moisture in the zucchini, assuming it didn't just thin down the eggs into a sloppy mess that wouldn't cook all the way through (or make it more like egg drop soup), if you didn't do something to minimize the moisture before putting the zoodles in a waffle maker. I'm a little too gun shy from the mess I made yesterday, to try it, but if you decide to try chaffles with zoodles in them, let us know how it works out.

I have one of those little hand held spiralizers too (I think it might have been called a vegetti) - I don't really see the point in a big countertop contraption, when that little thing does the job so quickly. (And with a big zuchinni, makes zoodles about 15 feet long... )

Before I got that, I used to use a julienne peeler, which was perfectly adequate, just not nearly as fast. Before that, I just used a regular vegetable peeler, which made wide zoodles, but just as slow as the julienne peeler.