View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 04:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

I had this (basically) in Mexico at a top notch resort...but they cooked them over an open fire which added a killer good smokey flavor...so we made them (stuffed with garlic cream cheese and a bit of cheddar-wrapped in bacon) in our fire pit (bought one of those two sided cagey thingies to hold them in place-looks like a huge spatula made of mesh?) Anyway...they were AWESOME except they're really too dang hot (they were kickin hot in Mexico too according to virtually everyone who at them!)...and I've got great tolerance for heat. I'm the only one who can eat more than one or two...and that's only because I struggle thru it. My husband was so snafued he got the hiccups/coughs from the heat!

Not sure why the jalapenos we get are so toxic? Maybe I should try walmart...the one's we got at the mexican market where I shop were hot as all get out...even with seeds removed. Help?!?!? I use the same basic method for stuffed poblano's and add in chicken or seafood...but really want this popper recipe to work without killing my husband and/or guests. Any suggestions?