View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-13, 09:03
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

First link: wheat gluten,soya flour,almond flour,fibre,yeast,sugar,salt. Excessive consumption may have a laxative effect.

Those are definitely all low carb ingredients. However... I'm not a fan of gluten. When I first went low carb I used a lot of wheat gluten and it utterly wreaked my intestines. Turns out I have a gluten intolerance and it is pretty common. Dr. Davis, "Wheat Belly" author and cardiologist, is also no fan of wheat. He says it is addictive and increases our appetite for carbs and also causes cravings.

So, just something to be aware of.

Second item:

Water, wheat gluten, corn starch, flax, oat fiber, whole wheat flour, oat bran, yeast, isolated soy protein, soy flour, soy oil, sesame flour, salt, sodium acid pyrophosphate, dextrose, sodium bicarbonate, sodium propionate (a preservative), fumaric acid, potassium sorbate, mono-diglycerides, sucralose, sodium metabisulfite.

Wow... where to start? I doubt they're low carb and 4 carbs each... no. Not when corn starch is the 2nd ingredient. Very, very dubious. Whole wheat flour? No. That is another carb-y ingredient. Seasame flour might be okay, but it is way down on the ingredient list.

I'd take the claims on this product with a huge grain of salt. Unless maybe the product is really, really tiny.