Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 16:37
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetT
Right now, I am trying to do the Zone Diet which i successfully lost 12 lb on in the past.
This diet allows for 40% of my daily intake to be from carbohydrates (the healthy ones) like fruits, veggies, and ww products.
Seeing that you think it a few carbs in my diet could cause this, should I not go with the Zone b/c of the amt carbs it allows?

Thanks
SweeT:
40% cabrs it's not just a few carbs, may be 20% or less carbs would be better for you? Some ppl are highly IR, and IR causes PCOS. metformin is known to help with both but watch you diet. Make sure you absolutely have no refined sugars in any form, not even ww bread, limit your fruit (if this a problem as well), and try to eat more greens. You can try to eliminate one source of carbs at a time and see if you get better results. Also, 500mG of metformin is the lowest dose, not much if you want to get full benefit of this drug.You may want to talk to your doctor on doubling or even trippling the dose. Also, if your free testosterone is a bit high, exercise will make it worst. It curbs estrogen production in even otherwise healthy females, so take it easy with exercise.
I hope you get better.
D.