View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 07:00

Plan: self-designed
Stats: 216/189/190 Male tad under 6'
BF:
Progress: 104%

Regarding BC. My late wife passed away 6 years ago with this complaint and a year ago I lost a 45 year old daughter to the same complaint.

My wife ate what she thought was a healthy diet as it was known then. It included unsaturated fats and especially vegetable oils and of course grains and fibers of all kinds. She also had a penchant for soft drinks; had she been drinking alcohol she would have been an alcoholic. She believed that those drinks were healthy. Unknown to us at the time she was probably prediabetic. Whenever her liver was tested it was found to be fatty and the physicians suspected that she was a closeted alcoholic but that was not so. There is little doubt that her diet, which included vasts amounts of processed foods, was the main culprit in bringing about her early demise.

The situation was almost identical with my daughter who as single woman was size 24 and 5' 6" tall. She ate anything and everything from the supermarket that could easily be cooked in the microwave.

Common features of both instances was that they elevated the medical profession to the level of the divine and took their word as gospel, yet, in each case they were initially misdiagnosed! The medics hastened their demise. I tried to advise them but regretfully they would not take heed; to them I was just the 'carpenter's son'!

My other two daughters are running scared believing that BC runs in the family; it doesn't, but I can't convince them.

I suspect that LC diets, especially those that avoid processed foods, are probably the best for our health, and personal experience and current research findings are lending support to this belief. I hope that this anecdotal experience will be of benefit to some of you.