#14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-18, 09:18

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt
Why do you think that is? At Christmas last year someone made me an entire amazing pumpkin cheesecake because I liked it so much from the year before.

I took it home nervously and proceeded to consume the entire cheesecake the following day. It was like 12 - 15 thousand calories. I have never done anything of that magnitude before. I was both disgusted and proud of myself at the same time.

There is a theory out that overconsuming calories/sugar could be related to mitochondrial health and deuterium.

Honestly, from what I've seen and experienced, aside from the prevalent commonality of carb consumption begetting more and more carb consumption (which could have been a factor with your pumpkin cheesecake, since it surely was made with real sugar), we all have different "trigger foods".

I may eat cheese every single day, but while cheese may trigger binge behavior in some people, it doesn't trigger the all-or-nothing, "one bite is too much, the entire block is never enough" reaction for me. I have some cheese on an omelet for breakfast, maybe some in a dinner recipe, and sometimes a few "cracker cuts" slices makes a good snack (when they give me a break so early at work that it's way it's too early for a real meal, or even a filling snack, but feel like I'd better eat something, or else I know I'll be really hungry before they ever manage to give me another break). I enjoy the cheese, but it doesn't trigger me to eat more and more cheese.

For me, it's nuts (tree nuts, since I don't even like peanuts) that most often evokes the all-or-nothing kind of reaction. I haven't had sugar/starch in quite a while (so long that it tastes awful to me now), but based on my previous decades as a completely out of control high carber, if I ever got used to the taste of sugars and starches again, I can guarantee you those two general categories would start me on an all-out binge again. I don't have that problem when I sweeten LC goodies with stevia. They may taste plenty sweet to me, but the stevia is a different flavor, and doesn't trigger a craving for more sweets, much less sugary sweets. Come to think of it, when I've used sucralose, or saccharin, I don't get that problem either.

My point is that everyone is different, just like Teaser's story with the meat - nearly raw, he reached a limit. Then fried in butter he ate more until he reached another limit. And then cooked some more, he finally reached his final limit because it was all gone.