#1382   ^
Old Mon, May-03-21, 12:09

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Reflux episodes spike BP in people with GERD and hypertension

There seems to be a fairly strong correlation between gastric reflux and stroke. My Dad's biggest health concerns before he had a stroke almost a year ago were blood pressure and gastric reflux, that went on for years. When I went low carb years ago, my blood pressure went from high normal to low normal and pretty much stayed there--sometimes a little lower, but never really creeps up.

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - In patients with both gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and essential hypertension, episodes of reflux can trigger elevations in blood pressure (BP), especially at night, according to research from China.

Short-term antacid therapy using the proton-pump inhibitor omeprazole also significantly reduced multiple measures of both reflux and BP, in an uncontrolled comparison.

“This study demonstrated that parts of reflux episodes might be associated with BP elevation. When GERD and essential hypertension coexist, treatment of GERD could be useful for normalizing BP,” corresponding author Dr. Zhong-gao Wang, of the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Henan Province, China, told Reuters Health by email.

So fairly obvious to wonder what cholic acid supplementation and a gut bacteria that results in lower bile acid levels are doing, is there gastric reflux occurring? Is physical stress elevating blood pressure? What does that stress do to the sleep cycle, bringing in circadian rhythm doesn't simplify things, but it's in there somewhere.

https://www.consultant360.com/story...0f rom%20China.