View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-19, 08:07

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Finally had a chance to watch the video - then got sucked down the rabbit hole of you tube videos, and watched a couple of Butter Bob's videos. He's a tiny bit more purist than Westman, but it's still the same basic message - do LC/keto with foods that are as close as you can get to how we ate 50+ years ago, and don't worry too much about the organic/grass fed/macro issues.

Unless of course you have the kind of problems that WereBear has dealt with, and find that you really need to do more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I'm a classic example of getting deep into the weeds: carnivore, NO omega-6s, vitamin supplementation. But I was really sick; already out at the margins. Started the year at about a 4, now I'm a 7.

Now, I've been loosening up, like eating commercial mayo at the work cafeteria, and it's not so crucial. I eat salad greens, but that's all, since all other vegetables still don't agree with me.

So if someone's health is marginal, they might have to go out on the margins.

For some, it will definitely take more than simply LCing - when your health has been compromised in so many ways by SAD, it can take a lot more to right the problems. Glad you're finally to the point where you don't need to be quite so strict 100% of the time.

I find it interesting that you can eat salad greens, but all other vegetables still cause problems - I have pretty much the opposite issue. Eating salad greens can almost always insure an immediate rush trip to the bathroom. I don't have that issue with other LC veggies, and not with cooked spinach or cooked kale either, just raw greens. Now that I think about it, it may just be the raw veggie factor, since I generally don't eat any veggies raw, except for salad greens.