Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 14:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Interested....

Quote:
Originally posted by silvergrl
What would you recommend one eats during a "refeed"? What types of carbs....I need specific examples or else I might just eat a donut and call it done. Would it be more salad and veggie stuff?
Silvergrl, 'refeeds' are pretty much a science in and of themselves.

The macronutirent ratio works out to 75-80% carbs, 15% protein, the rest fat. The carbs are what are important, as they have a bigger impact on Leptin levels. The quantity would differ from person to person. You want to eat roughly 300-400 calories above maintenance. What maintenance is for you is going to be different than what it will be for me. Its a little guesswork sometimes. My last refeed was about 3200 calories in 16 hours

Those carbs, btw, should be simple and high G.I. We're talking sugar, dextrose, malto dextrin. Startches don't effect leptin as much, and fat doesn't effect it at all. Check out the CKD forum; you'll find all kinds of threads on which foods to use, favourites are Smarties (US version - called Rockets in Canada), Sweet Tarts, Pixie Stix, Skittles, Sugar Crips cereal, Gatorade, etc etc. Bascially a refeed isn't as much fun as it sounds.

HTH
Nat