View Single Post
  #85   ^
Old Wed, May-01-13, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: LC/Atkins/Hgc2.0 &3.0
Stats: 260/231/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:Maybe someday....
Progress: 29%

Hello everyone! I hope this thread can keep going also.
I joined the board a year or more ago, then forgot I did... found my log-in info and came back! Good ol' fibro-fog.

The longest I've ever done low-carb is 3 months a couple years ago. Then a month this last November, and now I'm in the last week of month 3.

I am sleeping a bit better and I feel a little better overall. Of course that's primarily due to quitting smoking at the same time I went back on low-carb eating. HAD to do them at the same time! I did not want to gain even more weight from quitting smoking. I started on Feb. 11th.

The quitting cigs is by far easier than doing low-carb, oddly enough. But the longer I'm on low-carb, the easier it is getting. I've been lazy and allowed "carb creep" to catch me, so I'm not losing for a few weeks now. But not gaining, either.

I was diagnosed with fibro in Jan. of 1991, 22 yrs. ago!! But I had it for 20 years before the diagnosis. Like most of you, I was thought of as lazy, crazy, faking, etc. Horrible. Even after diagnosis! It has gotten so much better the last 5-10 years with more knowledge in the general public, so at least most people have heard of it now.

Gave up working the end of 2002. So very hard but I had to.

I feel better for giving up all the "whites" of food that are so bad for us.

Fibro and weight gain definitely go hand in hand, I believe due to the very poor sleep we get. It's a classic cycle that sets us up for weight gain. It's a constant battle.

Ok, enough for now! I will be back!