#85   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 21:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Originally Posted by demi
So, here is some advice for all interested parties. When the latest diet discovery hits, take a deep breath, do your homework. Use common sense. Don’t let the diet-tip du-jour move you from your well-considered strategy. Stick with a life plan that closely mirrors the way man has always eaten and behaved; one that includes plenty of simple, unadorned, natural foods, and simple, unadorned, natural physical movement. Change course only when the weight of significant evidence compels you to institute a thoughtful change of heart.

That pretty much sums it up. Find what works for you, what does not, and steer the course, using your paddle to bash anyone who tries to talk you into straying from your discovered course. Take no prisoners.

I think this is also the essence of what Michael Pollan has recommended (at least on the diet part): Eat food. Mostly plants. Not too much.

Staying active is also so important, even if it is just walking. I'm watching my parents now. My mom is doing OK, but my father has trouble getting out of chairs or just walking a few steps because he is carrying so many pounds. That would be me in 20 years if I wasn't mindful -