#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-19, 09:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default Book: ARTHRITIS - The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me

This isn't brand-new, but it is new to me:

ARTHRITIS - The Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me: Healing The Pain Of Psoriatic And Rheumatoid Arthritis And How Autoimmunity Can Heal Your Body And Soul by Phil Escott (Author), Dr. Jack Kruse (Foreword)

Ah, if it's Dr. Jack (Madman) Kruse, it's got to be good! (I am a big fan.)

I am almost done with this book and I'm impressed. He did a lot of things which I am going to try, since I am dealing with my own autoimmunity issue, but the BIG one was Very Low Carb. As he says, if you don't get that right, nothing goes right.

I heard him on the Episode 23 of Carnivore Cast and his story was so compelling and pertinent I was moved to action. He went from barely able to sleep or walk to what he calls "the best shape of my life." He was a writer for outdoor magazines, a determined mountain biker, and had his own gym at one time.

Thanks to the book, I am on day 3 of a fast (breaking it tomorrow) to try and get a terrible "flare" under control. And it is improving! I am so grateful.

My own fault: a terrible bout of flu felled both myself and DH, and the malaise lasted months. So we were eating out (Omega 6) and I was indulging in frozen meals (carb city) and thought I was okay because I wasn't gaining any weight (probably thanks to the fact that I kept IFing).

But as we all know, you can be "normal" weight and carbs are still having their terrible way with you. Add in a long workday with travel, a glass of cider with a too-carby dinner, and my own serious stress issues: and it was the last straw.

He has scared me straight and I am implementing as many of his techniques as I feel suitable to my situation. He tried so many things

A fine read and full of amazing and valuable information as he told his story.
Sponsored Links