View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-12, 20:02

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Question Antibiotics

So, I've had a problem with yeast overgrowth for several years now. It seems to be worse for the first year or so after each of my C-Sections. I think this is due to pregnancy hormones and the mega doses of antiobiotics administered during and after the surgery.

Here's my question. I've had a sore throat for 2 weeks now and actually thought it left sometime this past weekened. However, it's back today. I haven't been taking my allergy pill, so it could just be drainage. Also, it seems lots of people have come down with colds which seems to include a sore throat. I was given a treatment of antiotics last week and haven't started them, hoping it would go away on it's own. I could just take them and give no thought to my gut flora and yeast overgrowth, but anyone who has suffered from yeast issues knows how miserable it can be. So...at what point do you just decide it's time to start the antibiotic? Doctors here write scripts for antiobiotics left and right, regardless of whether is just a virus. If there's redness, they give you and antibiotic.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links