#62   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-20, 16:05

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
My girls ae just starting to lay again. I know I would feed my family first, then sell extra. Perhaps that is why eggs are not available yet.

They probably have eggs by now. It's been a couple weeks since I was there, and I know most of what they sell comes from the same companies that produce goods sold at other natural food stores, but since I know they're not getting really good bulk wholesale pricing (only one store, albeit a big one for this area), so they're probably not anxious to keep a really big stock of refrigerated perishables on hand anyway.

They aren't likely to get quick restocks when an item is low or sells out quickly either, since they don't use the internet for ordering. They might still be doing some ordering by mail, although they probably order by phone too - but even that's not convenient, since the phone is usually either in an "Amish phone booth" (usually looks similar to an outhouse) or in a barn, set faaaar away from the house, often located on the border between Amish farms, so they can all use it, but wherever they have their phone, it's not going to be at all conveniently located to call for quick restocking. Anyhow, due to what we'd consider difficult restrictions (they're used to it), I doubt they get shipments often enough to keep things like that stocked up all the time, especially if dozens of customers show up the same day and buy the same item.