View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/204/165
BF:yes
Progress: 20%

It's so long and detailed, my wife made me quit reading it to her! She's heard all of these arguments over and over again, and she's tired of it!hehe

I have a good friend (who will remain nameless) who got a Bachelor's degree in cardiac rehab. In her education, she was taught, bible and verse, that fat was the root of all dietary evil. She'll watch me put a little salt on my food, and read me the riot act. The next day, she'll have a bag of Cheetos for lunch! If I say a word about it, she goes on the defensive, and then reads me the riot act all over again!

She's continued to gain weight, day after day, while I maintane or lose it, but that's lost on her... As it will be on 95% of America for many years to come.

Here's my prediction, despite the brilliant article and work above:

The media will latch onto a few articles like these, talk with a few 'experts' from both sides, and that will be it. No revolution, no winds of change. It will get swept under the rug, while doctors and nutritionists across the country slowly begin to come around. Why? The federal gubmint doesn't like egg on it's face, and the people who have pounded the low-fat diet down our gullets most certainly don't want to hear they were full of macaroni!

I'll sit back every day, and no less than 10 times, say, "I told ya so!"

Can I get a hell ya?!