#32   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-20, 05:15

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
In my case, I found sources made a difference. The mass-produced meat and eggs now taste eh, or even yicky. I pay more for a humanely raised product, but they taste noticeably better.

Just something to try, if possible. I spend on meat, but not much else

Several years ago I searched out a source for grass fed beef sans hormones, and with a friend visited their farm. We both went home with beef, pork and chicken.

I found the flavor or the beef was not to my taste and it was tough! Pork and chicken tasted the same as supermarket

Today, still under lockdown and unable to leave my residence, i am unable to explore other sources of animal protein.

I find my taste in fish has not changed - i just don't like it. Of all the fish, I prefer sashimi but again I cannot leave home to get it at our local Japanese restaurant. It is available in supermarkets - like salmon - but too much for one person - too much left overs - and raw fish that is not fresh tastes that way.

The Eades suggested in Protein Power to marinate in red wine - tried that.

Now I make Bearnaise sauce to create taste. I used to eat apple sauce to make the pork chops palatable - less tasteless.

Unfortunately, where I live I cannot grill on a hibachi pot which would improve the flavor of the meats immensely.

Yes, aging definitely changes taste. In unexpected ways. Perhaps it is purposeful - to make us eat less - so long as I stay away from manufactured foods designed to taste good.