View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 02:55

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I thought that myself this morning when this new Readers Digest article (in about as middle of the middle road as possible) showed up on Twitter.
Ten Health Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet.
https://www.rd.com/health/healthy-e...fits-keto-diet/
The same media group have negative articles on Ketogenic too, some linked within this one. It was a long path from the RD 2011 article based on Why We Get Fat and Dr Westman's Low carb diet (word Ketogenic not even in that article)

Then, like Grav, the near impossibility of turning US Dietary Guidleines around brought me back to reality. The USDA has made one tiny step toward embracing lower carb eating patterns, while also hiring lobbyists from the corn syrup industry to write nutrition guidelines. The 2018 Farm Bill being debated now appears to keep the corn, soy, sugar subsidies intact while reducing SNAP benefits. The dietary guidelines determine the food eaten by our military, our grannies in nursing homes, schoolchildren, etc. The Nutrition Coalition impact has been great for a tiny non-profit effort, but any meaningful change after 2020 seems so far away for now.