#11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-24, 11:51

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
I think that many people are addicted to eating out of a drive-thru bag/box and have no idea how to prepare a meal from scratch.

Agree - or the ones who do know how to cook are just too wiped out after a day at work to even take on standing in the kitchen long enough to prepare a meal.

Which I understand all too well - when I was on my feet all day in the grocery store, I'd reached the limit of my ability to be on my feet doing... anything.

I ended up cooking on my day(s) off and eating from what I'd prepared that day the rest of the week.

You need to resign yourself to not much food variety in those instances though - you need to prepare foods that will keep all week, reheat easily, and can't spend half the day just deciding what to cook, or even make several different meals - gotta just do enough of a couple of recipes to last until the next days off, and be done with it, because there's a million other things you need to accomplish on those days off too - grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning - everything that you didn't have the time or stamina to do on work days.