View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 06:48
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Sun damage is definitely a consideration while appreciating the benefits. It's a difficult balance to achieve. I always talk about being "sun kissed" but that means beng out just long enough to get a few more freckles and feel the glow and warmth of the sunshine before the burn starts. It's been a challenge my whole life and I've failed before to the point where I have uneven freckles on my back in the shape of an X from a burn from 1994 (I kid you not) where I'd forgotten to put sunscreen on (and was out in full sun on a beach for far too long). I'm very lucky the rest of my skin still looks as good as it does and I think moisturizing has probably played a big part. Regardless of my SPF use I can tell you I am absolutely dedicated to slathering on after-sun moisturizers. Ironically (re: Elle's story) I like Hawaiin Tropics version - but anything with Aloe, Vitaman E, Cocoa Butter and/or Shea Butter (or combos thereof) work for me. I think it's helped though I know more concious and careful time in the sun is the best option.