Old Thu, Mar-12-09, 14:04
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Ok - I finally found a link that describes Atkins KISS well:

http://www.geocities.com/lajenner/KISS.html

That said - with your level of exercise, you would be better off on strict Atkins Induction or strict South Beach Phase 1. I'd be worried that something like KISS could potentially be lower in calories than your 1500 calorie cut off. It's basically eating meat/fish/eggs/vegetables and olive oil, and nothing else. No processed meats, no dairy - you get the idea. Pretty strict plan. The food itself is unlimited, but the categories you get to choose from are limited. Meat, eggs, fish, vegetables, olive oil. That's all.

And yet - with regard to regular Atkins...

It's not that you have to 'tweak' so much, it's more likely that you have to get really good at your plan of choice. It's fine to make modifications to allow for food dislikes and/or intolerances, but if you adhere to the plan very closely - I'm *sure* you'll get somewhere.

I used to try out 'super strict' plans when Atkins wasn't working for me. Tried out something called a PSMF for a few days (too tough), tried meat/eggs for about a week etc. I did these things because Atkins 'wasn't working'.

But, it wasn't Atkins - it was me. There were several rules of induction that I wasn't following properly.

With your exercising - I'd recommend choosing a published plan (South Beach, Atkins, Protein Power etc.) and *mastering* the plan. Do it for just two weeks. If some food isn't on 'the list' or 'allowable', then don't eat it. If there's something you don't like or can't tolerate, it's fine to drop it, but don't go changing everything else around.

Also - be aware that hard-core 'induction' can create what's known as 'induction flu' and it isn't all that conducive to the level at which you're exercising. It's not that you can't exercise - just that the first couple of weeks are tough. I tend to view Atkins induction as more of a 'detox' than anything - a way of getting off the sugar roller coaster. If this isn't what's needed - then you could choose another level/rung/phase or another plan entirely.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh. Not my intention at all. Pick a plan, decide which phase/level/rung you're following and zero in on it - do everything you can to follow it closely.

Hope this helps.

Signed,

Former 'Quick Fix' Seeker