View Single Post
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 19:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Kind of jealous of all your rain. We have had hot and humid for days and days and lawns are beginning to turn brown if you don't water them religiously. We don't. But it's supposed to rain tomorrow night, and part of Wednesday so we're hoping for that. Only takes one good rain to turn your grass green again and we just can't see the waste of water and effort.

Cool your hubby joined you on a run walk. Maybe it will inspire him to get to the point where he can keep up with you!

Jaz---I haven't finished GGTD yet, but getting closer. Hubby doesn't watch it w/me, so I'm going thru it slower, plus we have little time these days for my fave things, good TV series and books.

Sounds like you're over your latest huge hump w/school for a bit, so breath for a minute till they throw you the next one. 3 weeks you're done w/this course right? What I remember well is some college courses were organized and the professor was good and specific and even if it was work, it wasn't stressful work. Hoping your next course is like this.

Trig---Jelly fish stings and dead man in the water?!?!? This is beginning to sound like a Chevy Chase vacation. Yep, have that cocktail for sure and lower your earlobes a bit. Didn't realize you were slated to stay till Friday, that's a ways away. Wishing you a good rest of your stay, and that you find the silver lining in Myrtle Beach for the next days. Then you never have to return again.

Sure sounds like you're eating LC well and delicious, so that's something. No matter where you camp, something about cooking and eating outside is so delightful. I can still see and feel the vinyl red checked table cloth on the picnic table we used for every meal while camping. I loved those dinners, those times.

Nic---How are you doing? I realize these next weeks are going to be busy as heck for you, and there will be times you can't post. I just don't want it to be because you're suffering from a vertigo or anything else.

Huge hugs and prayers for healing from Minnesota straight to Maryland, express spiritual mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok gals, been holding back on some big news, because we didn't know how it would all turn out.

So, last week we went to the apartments we've been looking at forever, and they have always won out over a jillion others. Believe me gals, I've done my research.

OMG, the application was SO STIFF, they have lines of people waiting, but we got first go at it because I heard about this vacancy early due to pal who lives there. I have had less stress over mortgages we've taken out.

Well, today we found out we got it!!! 2 bedroom, 2 bath very spacious for an apartment, with a screened in porch and a BIG POOL. Holy cats gals, I'm finally going to have a pool in my backyard, something I've wanted all my life.

PLUS, a totally fab work out room---OMG it will be so easy I just really hope I access it, a movie room and a party room. AND it is basically in our neighborhood and right across from a Trader Joes.

Hubby is all over putting on one of his Hawaiian shirts and heading over for an interview. Great discount on food, good hourly. A simple walk across the street for him to get there. We'll see if their part time hours are reasonable, or cramp our style and freedom---like Lori has had to experiment with.

I simply cannot tell you the joy I feel today to know where we're going. We had to take a lease starting Oct 1 to get the apartment. We are now hoping to have our house on the market by Sept 15, so hopefully we will not pay more than one month double mortgage/rent. And it will be worth it as we can move over slowly, and plenty of time for them to re-paint every room. Which, LOL, will be done. They do it for the cost of the paint, with a discount at my fave Ben Moore paint store, so I'm in heaven. They will also replace some fixtures/lights/ ceiling fans I don't love, if we supply the new ones. NO LABOR costs. Hello apartment living!

We saw the apartment and it is just right for us. On the second floor---6 floor place and although the views get more big time the higher up you go, I didn't want that. We have a dog and a love for walking out our door and finding grass and sidewalks and life. And we got just that. We are 10 feet from the elevator, and another 10 feet from being outdoors

AND, OMG gals, our views are so much like our views here. We are at the back of the complex, and look out over green knolls and trees, up to the street behind which is lined w/beautiful houses. I stood on that back porch and I could see every view we'd have in every season and knew it was just perfect for us.

I have been doing floor plans and designs for this apartment for weeks, because it was kind of necessary to know what we needed to keep, and what we needed to heave ho to live there, w/fingers crossed---but was never sure till today that we would live there.

Well, yes we will!!!!

So now to balance the excruciating work, the loss of the house we love, the money to get out of here, OMG, the money, I now have a place I know we're going and I am going to make it so beautiful and cozy. And SO FREE of how we lived before, except in the best ways.

It is going to be light and airy and with a whole lot less stuff. I NEVER want the amount of stuff we accumulated and the responsibility for this size property ever again in my life. This much, having gone thru getting out of here, I know is true.

Yeah, tell y'all, cleaning out will get you over how much you really need. We needed very little of what we've thrown out. That part of our lives is over, and it is with great relief.

So that's my story, morning glories, for today. Much to come, I'm sure. We're not there yet.