#43   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 11:37

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111

I still like the principles of keto, initially articulated by Volek and Phinney. I still like the principles of low carb. What's happened is that many are still following these as lifestyle approaches after having adjusted them to make them work. While I no longer chase or measure ketones, I fully subscribe to the health benefits of burning one's fat for energy. It works. So does low carb when approached with healthy protein and low carb vegetables. Both can be very powerful and helpful in correcting metabolic dysfunction.

Absolutely. It is the principles behind the dietary approaches that is important as is the ability to tweak the approaches to fit our individual needs. I started low carb eating about 2 decades ago and have always considered my approach low carb paleo. I am still low carb paleo. I've added other elements, like 2 meals a day and never eating after 6PM. I also embraced Terry Wahl's approach that focused on nutrition among other things and then Marty Kendall who also focused on nutrition and optimizing protein but my way of eating is still fundamentally low carb paleo whatever may be trending or however these approaches get commercialized. Paleo for me means no or minimally processed foods. I buy almost nothing that has more than one ingredient. Low carb is no more than 50 gms of carbs a day or there about (after years of measuring I now just wing it). I eat low carb veggies but no fruit.