View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-10, 16:35
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%

I think you have control. I think it is important to teach eating skills now. They will thank you later if you do it right. If you do nothing, then they will blame you. Most overweight children carry some blame towards their parents.

I have 2 rules regarding weight for my daughter

1. She is allowed to weigh anywhere on the normal weight section of the BMI

2. She has to be happy at the weight that she chooses. At the higher end she can eat more carby foods at the lower she likes the way she looks better, but has to be stricter with herself. She is not allowed to feel bad about the weight that she chooses.

She has recently chosen to lose 10 lbs. This is the first time that she has ever wanted to lose some weight. I asked her to trust me and gave her some guidelines for LC eating. She followed them and saw quick results. Now she feels empowered.

Proper eating is something that we have to teach along with everything else. You don't have to sit around and worry and be upset over it. They might be mad at you, or feel embarrassed...but as their mom if you don't help them correct this issue, who will? They will battle their whole lives.

Best wishes