Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 257.4/207.9/165
BF:no idea
Progress: 54%
Default my story

Hi all,

I haven't been posting much but i am reading people's views on pcos and different methods of treating it. Well, i was diagnosed 5 years ago when the dr also found out that i was glucose intolerant. I started having periods 3, then 4 and later 6 months apart... it was terrible... i was gaining weight like crazy, you know the story i am sure... i was put on metformin and taken on its own with no other lifestyle adjustment it didn't do much; it did lessen the glucose intolerance symptoms though.

I started Atkins 11 March this year and apart from the impressive - for me - weight loss it appears that it worked for my pcos too. I was at the dr yesterday and had an ultrasound. Guess what - no cysts watsoever! Nothing! And i did have a period this month and dr said that a nice, healthy looking egg is about to start it's trip! I was thrilled!

What i really want to say is that in my view it's the combination of medication and lowcarbing that did it for me. Hopefully my periods will come back to normal and my TTC efforts will be successful. So keep looking for what works best for each one of you, there is a solution!

Good luck to you all

Maria