View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 10:28

Plan: Atkins / IF
Stats: 258/232.7/200 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Yes, for those of us who have this insulin resistance disorder caused by a lifetime abuse of carbs, this is our new reality. For the rest of our lives, we must eat the Atkins W.O.E in order to function normally. Our bodies have been permanently damaged by our poor eating habits, and the remedy is a low carb diet.

While I do enjoy eating meats and vegetables, I also know that I in the past enjoyed carbs. There are many people around the world that subsist primarily on carbs and are perfectly fine, living long healthy lives. The reason is, their bodies are not damaged as ours are.

So I am not quite ready or willing to say carbs is a poison to humanity and everyone in the entire world should be on this w.o.e. Carbs are only a kind of poison to us fat people because we abused carbs to the point of no return. We have a physical bodily disorder and a low carb diet is the only remedy.

I think those of us who are willing to accept this reality will succeed on this w.o.e. Too many of Atkins dieters think they can return to their old way of eating, and tragically regain all of their weight back, and beyond.

I don't intend to return to my old way of eating because I know that path is guaranteed to lead to obesity and premature death.