Old Sun, Aug-20-17, 08:30

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I've been there. I learned:
  • That "ENORMOUS joy" is actually the sugar rush hitting my brain -- this stuff actually does not taste good. Once I was away from it, and indulged, I discovered it is really sweetened cardboard.
  • What you are missing is not the food -- it is the rush. And there are far better ways to get it. For some, exercise works that way.
  • Now, properly hungry and facing a ribeye steak and a salad with blue cheese dressing -- I find out what delicious really means. It is different, and better, than the sugar rush. For one thing, when I'm not hungry any more, it shuts itself off. For another, it is triggered by actual nutrients. And there's no upset stomach, no "food hangover," no bad consequences. This is the body working as it should.
  • If you are motivated by seeing the numbers go down on the scale, what will happen as you near goal and this feedback slows down drastically? Will you gain, to lose, just to get that particular rush again? It's been known to happen.

Don't sabotage yourself with mistaken strategies. Offered in case it helps!

This . . . should be a sticky. Excellent guidelines and things to keep in mind along the journey of LCHF no matter where you are in the quest.