#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-18, 17:26

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_rose
Do you think astronauts are suffering from a lack of protein rather than weightlessness then?

Yes, I do, sure. They eat pure crap, basically mouse chow. Maybe I exaggerate, but not that much. Think of the SAD, but dehydrated. However, it's not an either or, it can be both. Unfortunately, it's only about load for NASA, check for yourself. They talk about nothing else in this context, certainly not about the crap they feed the astronauts. So their only fix is exercise, they just don't know any better than that, or at least publicly.

This is so absurd, it borders on the stupid. Hey, your muscles are wasting? Do a few pushups it's gonna fix you right up. No way we're so naive. We know about diet, diseases, health, medicine, physiology, disorders, and everything in-between. How can we possibly become so retarded when it comes to micro-gravity and its effects on our physiology? When we're on the planet and there's gravity, we take it for granted of course but that's not the point, and we see something new and it's wrong like a disease for example, we treat it as something unknown, not something we know everything about and know how to fix. Well, we know pretty much nothing about micro-gravity and its effects on our physiology, yet we act as if we knew exactly how to fix the problem.

On the flip side, we're pretty retarded when it comes to diet and health on this planet, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise when we go to space. But I know one thing for certain, there's not a single piece of code in our DNA to tackle micro-gravity, not a single life form on this planet is adapted to that. There's code to handle everything on the planet, but nothing for outer space. So it's probably wrong to tell somebody to just do a few pushups when his muscles are wasting, it's most absolutely certainly wrong to tell that to somebody who's muscles are wasting due to micro-gravity.
Sponsored Links