View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-19, 08:47

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
During Wednesday's episode of "Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen," the outspoken host named Michaels the "Jackhole of the Day."

"Don’t feel bad, keto diet," Cohen continued. "A lot of people think Jillian Michaels is a bad idea."

Roker, the high-profile "Today" weather anchor, took to Twitter to slam Michaels for her remarks.

"So ~JillianMichaels says #Keto is a bad idea. This from a woman who promoted on camera bullying , deprivation, manipulation and more weekly in the name of weight loss," he tweeted last week. "Now those sound like bad ideas."

Michaels doubled down on her claims despite the backlash, challenging Cohen and Roker to lay out their reasoning behind their beliefs.

"I have an idea... ~Andy ~alroker how about a civil intelligent debate on The 6 Keys book and keto instead of personal attacks and name calling?" she tweeted in response. "I’m also a motivator and I know you guys can do this."

In another tweet, Michaels sent Roker a video message: "If you want to debate the personal sciences of keto, by all means let's do that. But the personal attacks are bizarre. It's unnecessary. It's uncalled for. It's beneath both of us."

I'm not sure Jillian Michaels knows the difference between personal attacks and criticism. I'd call Jackhole of the day a personal attack, if a satirical one. Roker didn't make a personal attack, he's making an accusation, there's a difference. Saying bad things about people is fair if the bad things are actually true. Jillian needs to show that breaking people down emotionally in the name of weight loss isn't bullying. Notice the call for debate leaves her performance on the Biggest Loser out of things, even though the criticism of her focuses entirely on that.