View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 08:39
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 205/175/170
BF:
Progress: 86%

I think carbs are more important than calories as well.

That said, I do think it's important not to overeat. I am an emotional eater, and eating when you are not hungry and indulging in excess on low carb treats is just not healthy in my opinion.

So what I'm doing (I'm on the Four Corners Diet), is I'm keeping my net carbs to 40 (I don't count low starch veggies, so it's really more than that), and I'm working on eating until I'm satisfied but not stuffed, and not eating for emotional reasons. Hopefully this alone will lower my caloric intake. Also, I don't count minute things like coffee, spices, herbs, cream, etc. like some folks do. So that ups my carbs a bit as well.

I counted calories for years and years and now have a horrible aversion to it, so I'm using the "tricks" mentioned above to lower my intake.

I do agree that the main thing is keeping the carbs down, but even too much of a good thing (too many low carb portions) will stall you. Even Atkins said to eat until you are satisfied, not Thanksgiving stuffed.

That said, I love low carbing and the health benefits I have derived from it. I'll never quit! I am losing very slowly (1 pound a month), but hey, that's 12 pounds gone in a year! Some would give up, but not me, I feel so good, I'm in this for life!