#4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-18, 07:11

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Any tie an article cites nutrition 'experts', I know it is written to protect the status quo.

I have been eating high-fat, low-carb for over 15 years and have been able to quit all the prescription drugs that low-fat eating had put me on. I am no longer 'pre-diabetic' with low-HDL and high triglycerides.

I am at an older age than both my grandfathers, my father and two of my brothers lived to. I do not know the cause of death of one of my grandfather, but the rest of the men were type 2 diabetics and died of heart attacks.
I feel great and enjoy keeping very active.

Well stated. I have a similar story and no longer require prescription drugs. Interesting in an article with so many words defending the status quo that has been the belief system since the late 1970s, it appears that those with a vested financial interest are getting nervous. They can't refute the evidence that the results of an epidemic of T2D, CVD, CHD, cancer, and other health issues since the start of the low fat, high carb recommendations represent. Pharma, food, and other interests will throw money at any position that serves to delay changes and protects revenue streams for current products. The good news is the battle lines have been drawn, and that indicates that a change is looming regardless of the posturing and debating that will occur over the next couple years.