View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-13, 07:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Also, speaking to motives, I think there's a simple reason no one is seriously considering diet as either treatment or preventative for cancer:

They don't believe it.

I'm as cynical as anyone. Of course there's a profit motive. My husband was recently diagnosed with a mutation in MTFHR (A1298C, to be precise.) There's even a treatment! By taking methylated forms of two B Vitamins, he can correct the issue and be more normal in his functioning. But because these are vitamins, insurance won't pay for it. Even though it's a medical issue.

Now, that's outright lobbying by the pharmaceutical industry. Cynically, so they can make more money. But also sincerely; because the people doing this don't believe in supplements. More accurately: their paycheck depends on it.

It's not like there are secret clinics where drug company bigwigs and cancer doctors and radiography machine companies all hang out, eating grassfed beef. When their children get cancer; they take them to the big hospitals and poison them, just like everyone else.

It takes incredible will, and extraordinary confidence, to think outside the box. Everyone here has done it.

But we know how much it takes to swim against the tide.